Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hughett Week

Chris and I had some fun filled Hughett time this past week. My Mom and Dad came down from Idaho to enjoy the warmth and visit us and my sister LaDawn and her fam. It was a pretty active week. Chris went to the big car auction with my Dad and bro. in law Carlos, us girls went to the Chihully (spelling?) exhibit, we celebrated my Dad's 65th birthday, had an awesome dinner at Red White & Brew, sewed valances for my kitchen and living room, went to an aboretum, planted a bunch of plants in my front and back yard, my Dad kept busy doing some awesome home improvements on our house. . . . this list is getting long. You get the point, we had FUN! So much fun in fact that I cried the whole way home from dropping them off at the airport and then some more when I got back to our VERY quiet house. Geesh!!! But I am grateful, and I'm sure they will be too, that at the end of the week I missed them that much. Now I can't wait to get back up to Idaho and see them sometime this summer.


Arboretum hike.

This is what my new beautiful valances look like. I love them!

4 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I LOVE your parents. Love them. It looks like you had a ton of fun, and isn't it so nice when we get to that point in life when we finally (truly) appreciate and even miss them as soon as they leave? I hit that point with mine a few months ago, and I never thought I ever would. Oh, and your valances are adorable! Sometime,you'll have to share a tutorial! ;)

Kelly Merrell said...

Did you make your valances? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for window coverings.

LUCKY7 said...

nice curtains! hey that post of robs two year award is TOTALLY A JOKE! we thought it was the most ridiculous thing. ha ha. although i am proud of my handsome honey. :)

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had fun and your new valances turned out great!