Sunday, February 22, 2009

Louie Update

I have been waiting to give an update on life with Louie until I felt I had something nice to say about him again. At first I thought Louie could do no wrong because he was house trained and knew how to sit. Of course given some time, we got to know the real Louie. I have been working on letting Louie know his place in the family. I don't think he has quite grasped he is a dog. It's taken about four weeks but I think I am finely starting to see some progress. Due to many water squirts to the head Louie has decided humping Momma is just not worth it. A miracle!! I was seriously beginning to wonder if I'd ever be able to break him of that. He is also getting more and more used to the idea that Chris and I are mates, not he and I. As for the farts and slobber, I'm afraid those things will never come to an end. . . Especially if Chris does not stop sneaking him food!

This is Louie taking my place on the office chair after I went to sleep.

3 comments:

Brett and Erica Paxman said...

Glad to hear he is progressing. As for Chris sneaking him food.... its a Paxman thing. Bailey often eats like a king!

LUCKY7 said...

thats right! let him know who is boss Johnna! ha ha. too funny

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Good luck breaking Chris of that habit... Mark's so bad! I never thought I would be the stronger disciplinarian!