Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Name

Chris and I have come to a FINAL decision on our baby boys name.
It will be:

Crew Christopher Paxman

My Mothers response to this was, "it's better than that Gaylord name you had chosen out." We did not actually have the name 'Gaylord' on our list. . . but I got the gist of what she must have thought of that other name. Glad she approves of Crew at least.

Chris actually gets the credit for finding the name. One Saturday morning he volunteered cleaning up around the temple grounds. He ended up working next to a guy who brought his little boy named Crew with him. Chris really liked that name and when he told me, I really loved it too. Seriously! He comes up with one name and I had a list of seventy. . . go figure.

We are happy to have a name chosen now but it is still a little surreal.

10 comments:

TAG + 1 said...

Crew is one of our favorite boy names! It seems to always stay somewhere near the top of the list if we talk about it! Our top name for a boy was Tripp, but I'm so tired of people thinking I'm joking, so who knows!

Great pick in my opinion! Can't wait to meet him!

~Alicia

tamiz said...

I like it! I'm trying to think of any names the school kids might call him and I can't come up with any. Nancy Crew, oh sorry there's one... but it's a stretch and it will be before their time!

AAErickson said...

I love that name!!! It's cute! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Francie said...

perfect...absolutly love it and it fits just right!

Gina Lee said...

Its a cute name! I love it...but it didnt go well with our last name, so I had to cross it off my list! =( But I am so glad it goes so well with Paxman. Cant wait to see little Crew.

MarshandKrissy said...

I love that name!!! Congrats! I think that would be the hardest decision to make!

Kelly Merrell said...

Good work. Original, but you didn't make it up. Easy to spell and fun.

Bert and Benton said...

LOVE IT!!

jmelgan said...

That's great you have a name picked out! We still have no idea what to name peanut.

KrisJ said...

How fun!!! I love having the name picked out early.. I dont know how people can wait until the last second or even after the baby is home!! And I agree with Tami I tried to think of rhyming mean names and couldnt think of one so GOOD JOB!!!