Sunday, May 31, 2009

Early Retirement

For the past 3 1/2 years I have worked in special education as a instructional assistant in an autistic classroom working with kids ages 12-17 years old. My work streak has come to an end now so I can prepare for my next venture in life; being a Mommy. Chris teasingly says I have officially begun my early retirement.

I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to truly work amongst angels on earth. I moved down here in 2006 in the midst of one of the biggest trials of my life. Thankfully I was able to get that job right away and my life has been blessed because of it ever since. Working with those sweet kids each day who bravely face life's challenges with a smile on their face was an incredible example to me. Going to work helped me to forget myself and focus on making their day the best it can be. Any trials I have had the past 3 1/2 years were quickly put out of my mind as I spent time with them.

I'll take with me some of the sweetest memories of my life that I will always cherish. I feel so much more confident going into this next chapter of my life thanks to what they have taught me.

I love you kiddos!!! I can't wait til we meet on the other side and I can tell you how much you blessed my life on earth.







6 comments:

Gena Susan said...

What an awesome job! One of my good friends is a special ed teacher and I know her experiences with her students has changed her life for the better :)

Awesome that you're going to devote yourself full-time to being a Mommy! Being there for your babies every minute is worth EVERY minute, penny, and ounce of hard work :)

Hope you and Chris are doing well.

tamiz said...

Way to make me cry before 7 in the morning!

Bert and Benton said...

That is so bittersweet. Leaving the job and kids you love, but you get to be a mommy!!! Maybe someday you will be able to do both?
on the other hand, being a stay at home mom is awesome!! I think you're gonna love it.

Team Seguritan said...

That is so neat that you were able to be blessed by those spirits.. AND get paid for it. Congratulations on the coming baby. And tell Chris I love the pictures on his blog., so talented.

Jessica said...

Oh Johnna, what a neat post about the sweet kids that you had the opportunity and blessing to work with. I am excited for you to be able to be a stay at home mom though. It is a great thing, even though it also has it's challenges. I wouldn't ever trade anything for being able to stay home with my sweet kids. You are going to be an amazing mom!

vicki said...

Hi, I am one of Tami Z's friends and I was bored and cruising blogs and I found this post. I have a 6 year old with autism and his special ed teachers have been such a blessing in our lives. I would like to personally thank you for the work you have done with this angelic population. I am so grateful for people like you. Your post made my day! Vicki