Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Idaho Trip | Day Two

Our second day in Idaho was just as great as the first. We woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs and yummy food! I'm sorta ashamed to say I could probably count on one hand how many times I've actually made Chris breakfast. That was a real treat for both of us.

After that we headed over to the University of Idaho campus to see my Dad hard at work. He gave us a great tour of the ins and outs of Computer Services at the U of I. It was fun to see how the campus has grown.


Then we met up with my brother and his family. They came up from Boise to visit Moscow too. We walked around one of the university's arboretums. They planted trees from all over the world, have three ponds and various other plants and wildlife.

Brad and Brian.

Marissa and John.

My one big request for going out to eat in Moscow was Zips. I've talked up Zips for the past three years so Chris was expecting some sort of French cuisine. It's really just a good ol' burger joint with the best fry sauce ever. I chowed down! I think my nephew John enjoyed it as much as I did.

You can't come to the Palouse area without seeing the bears at WSU.

If you look closely you can see the smile on this bears face.

This one was pretty cute, I think he smelled Zips on our breath.

4 comments:

tamiz said...

Sounds like you hit all the hot spots in the first 2 days! You must have been wiped out each night! Did Chris think Zips was as great as In and Out Burger?

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Ooooh Zips! That one nears the top of our list of top-missed places on the Palouse!

MarshandKrissy said...

YEAH!! You got to go to Idaho! I'm so happy for you. We were there over the weekend and I'm already missing it!!!

J. Elgan said...

Can't come to the Palouse and not see the bears!